Veterinary Surgical Scientist
|Job Id: 20872|
|Job Type: Retained|
|Worksite Location: Headquarters|
|Location: Muskegon County, MI .|
Join a rapidly growing contract research organization in Muskegon County, Michigan!
Due to expansion, they are looking to add a Principal Veterinary Surgeon to their team. WILL RELOCATE.
- The research that this organization does is hyper-focused and cutting-edge!
- They are known as a leader in the gene therapeutics industry for the central delivery of those products.
- Your chance to work on uncommon (and some common) genetic and medical conditions.
- Did I mention they have some cool "toys"- such as fluoroscopes and a 3.0T MRI!?
The Veterinary Surgeon is responsible for providing surgical services to support research protocols including performing surgery, study set-up, pre-operative functions, or supervision, and post-operative follow-up.
THE RIGHT PERSON HAS…
- Minimum: BS, MS, or equivalent in animal or life science related discipline
- 5+ years of surgical-related research experience.
- Surgical Research Technologist (SRT) or Surgical Research Specialist (SRS) Certification through the Academy of Surgical Research
- Ability to demonstrate the scientific relevance of using surgical models for development of treatments
- Demonstrate the ability to independently perform, direct, and assist with minor and major surgical procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot surgical techniques and associated surgical equipment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office core applications. Ability to learn and use additional applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, both inside and outside the organization.
- Understanding of operational procedures in a pre-clinical environment and the ability to resolve complex issues.
*Competitive salary, rich benefits & relocation package.
We’re interviewing NOW…