|Job Id: 15369|
|Job Type: Permanent|
|Industry: Solar Energy|
|Location: Oakland, CA 94612|
Our client is a technology-driven leader of financing for the solar industry and are enormously successful. They provide an inspirational and entrepreneurial environment with highly competitive salaries. They are experiencing steady financial growth and have deep financial pockets.
This is truly a place where their employees collaborate and are passionate about making a real social impact and working towards solutions for climate change.
The purpose of the Tax Manager position is to accumulate, assemble, evaluate and maintain tax compliance information and data. They will work directly with outside tax preparers in the preparation of Federal, State, and local taxes. The successful candidate will oversee tax compliance and accounting for income taxes, work with management in tax planning and research.
• Manage tax compliance process, including compilation of supporting data, coordination with outside service firm and administer process and internal communication.
• Maintenance and monitoring of book/tax differences.
• Prepare annual tax provision under ASC 740 for applicable entries.
• Act as liaison with outside professional tax advisors.
• Manage and file Franchise Tax reports
• Attend or assist in the preparation for meetings of management to identify potential tax concerns or opportunities.
• Research tax matters and document for files or presentation to management.
• Maintenance and enforcement of a tax reporting due date calendar system.
• Research and respond to notices and inquiries from tax or other authorities and auditors.
• Maintenance of fixed asset accounting system.
• Support of tax related requirements of payroll, human resources or other departments.
• Ensure compliance with all state and federal tax regulations.
• Perform other ad hoc duties as required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: BS/BA in Accounting or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Professional Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): Licensed CPA.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Broad technical background and experience with pass-through entities.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Federal, State and local tax law.
• Understanding and knowledge of ASC 740.
• Strong analytical ability to identify, provide solutions and resolve problems in a timely manner. Detail oriented.
• Highly organized with the ability to efficiently and accurately manage competing priorities and internal and external deadlines.
• Ability to work independently with limited guidance.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to discuss highly technical issues with management.
• Capability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
• Minimum 7 years of progressive tax experience and responsibility
• Proficient with MS Office applications and tax research tools.
• Experience with Oracle a plus.