|Job Id: 20871|
|Job Type: Retained|
|Worksite Location: Headquarters|
|Location: Muskegon County, MI .|
Join a rapidly growing contract research organization in Muskegon County, Michigan!
Due to expansion, they are looking to add a Principal Veterinary Surgeon to their team. WILL RELOCATE.
- The research that this organization does is hyper-focused and cutting-edge!
- They are known as a leader in the gene therapeutics industry for the central delivery of those products.
- Your chance to work on uncommon (and some common) genetic and medical conditions.
- Did I mention they have some cool "toys"- such as fluoroscopes and a 3.0T MRI!?
The Staff Veterinarian is responsible for promoting day-to-day well-being and provision of clinical care for all animals used in research studies.
THE RIGHT PERSON HAS…
- DVM degree from US veterinary medical college or equivalent degree with US equivalency examination
- State of Michigan Veterinary License/Controlled Substance License (or ability to obtain upon hire)
- Experience: 2 years industry or CRO lab animal clinical medicine experience preferred
- Certification: DACLAM, DACVS, or DACVA preferred
- Experience with managing laboratory animal patients undergoing targeted-delivery surgical interventions
- Strong understanding of general anesthesia principles for laboratory animals
- Experience with review and interpretation of magnetic resonance images of CNS structures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office core applications
- Good written and oral communication skills
*Competitive salary, rich benefits & relocation package
We’re interviewing NOW…