Senior Production Planner (Medical Devices)
|Job Id: 21468|
|Job Type: Permanent|
|Industry: MEDICAL DEVICES|
|Worksite Location: Headquarters|
|Location: Fremont, CA 94539|
Senior Production Planner
Fremont, CA, US
Join a leader in the medical technology space that is driven by a passion to create products that their clients have always envisioned for their patients!...
- Dedicated to working collaboratively with their customers, taking their projects from rapid prototype into high-volume production.
- Unparalleled technical expertise, proven experience and partnership with their clients has allowed them to perfect the process necessary to deliver world-class medical devices through innovative material science, engineering, and manufacturing.
- Primary capabilities include: nitinol components, balloon expandable stents and balloon catheters, delivery systems, biomedical textiles, access kits, and guidewires.
They are on the hunt for a Senior Production Planner to join their Fremont, CA team! You may be just who they are looking for!
ABOUT THE ROLE…
This position is responsible to plan and purchase materials and supplies to satisfy customer demand while carrying just the right amount of inventory. Directs and coordinates activities to plan and purchase materials and supplies in support of the build plan and independent demand. Proactively manages the supply chain to ensure no disruptions to production with continues focus on cost and inventory reduction. Also is responsible for procuring non- production materials and support NPI. Execute MRP jobs releases to manufacturing and works with value stream managers to comply with customer order OTD.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, organizes, and executes activities related to Supply Chain.
- Perform supply demand analysis each quarter, highlighting areas of concern for the next 12 months.
- Coordinates receiving and inspection of parts, and returns defective parts to suppliers
- Tracks inventory of materials consigned to suppliers.
- Execute Production Plan on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Support the S&OP process and KPIs
- Ability to utilize MRP to its fullest extent to perform Procurement related activities
- Maintain part master data as well as understanding how master data drives material requirement planning
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels to meet and exceed inventory targets and turns; as well as seek opportunities to reduce inventory through various techniques such as lot size optimization, off-the-shelf vs. MTO analysis, Kanban, etc.
- Understand PFEP “Plan for Every Part” as well as determining EOQ to achieve price reductions while balancing inventory levels.
- Full understanding of re-order points and safety stock formulas; as well as the impact on different ways of calculating.
- Ability to place purchase orders according to forecast and demand; as well as understanding of cyclical, seasonal, and/or historical ordering trends
- Ability to proactively identify potential part shortages, work with vendors to prevent shortages, understand vendor capacity and constraints; as well as when to properly escalate potential part shortages.
- Perform purchase order acknowledgement, reconciliation of open orders with vendors, and provide forecast to vendors for future ordering.
- Perform material/service pricing negotiation with suppliers to stay competitive and reduce cost.
- Identify root cause of late lines and implement corrective action to avoid re-occurrence to ensure fill rate targets are achieved and sustained.
- Ability to drive root cause for missed shipments and help to implement corrective actions to ensure Customer fill rate targets are achieved and sustained.
- Track on-time supplier delivery performance and drive root cause and corrective action to improve overall supplier performance
- Evaluate slow moving items and work with appropriate groups to propose clean-up, re-work, obsolescence, changes to lot sizing, stock status etc.
- Communicate effectively both internally and externally at all levels.
THE RIGHT PERSON HAS….
- Sound knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment processes.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to manage complexity and resolve conflicts that arise from balancing multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated experience within procurement, scheduling, and supplier performance management in a fast paced, regulated, precision engineering environment.
- Excellent attention to detail with a capacity to recognize problems and proactively resolve where possible and escalate as necessary.
- Advanced Microsoft skills, particularly MS Excel and ability to download and manipulate data quickly and easily using advanced functions
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with a methodical and organized approach to work.
- Works well under pressure within a busy office environment with the ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks.
- Ability to apply LEAN concepts and good understanding of Pull systems.
- Experience with EPICOR, Oracle, SAP, JDR systems a plus.
- Experience in MRP/ ERP systems, especially Advance Planning Systems
- High energy, enthusiastic and confident individual with excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Sensitive to different international cultures and able to adapt style accordingly whilst ensuring targets are met and exceeded.
- Good negotiation skills.
- A team player.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, Supply Chain or related discipline required.
- Total of seven (7) years of experience within Planning and/or Procurement with minimum of five (5) years in Master Scheduling and Inventory Control
- APICS / CSCP certification or equivalent a plus.