Senior Insurance Underwriter
|Job Id: 21528|
|Job Type: Permanent|
|Worksite Location: Headquarters (In-office)|
|Location: New Haven County, CT .|
This is an in-office position (not remote)
Join a thriving member-owned property & casualty insurance provider that truly cares about their communities, customers, and employees. They are nationally respected and recognized for offering the best tailored products for the niche they serve.
WHY SHOULD I WORK HERE?...
- Voted a “TOP WORKPLACE”
- A+ Rated
- Welcoming teamwork vibe
- Fantastic employee incentives/benefits (ask us what they are!)
They’re seeking an innovative and creative SENIOR UNDERWRITER to join their team at their New Haven County headquarters.
ABOUT THE POSITION…
As their Senior Insurance Underwriter, you’ll perform multi-line underwriting on new and renewal business for large, complex accounts (workers compensation, commercial auto, general liability).
Your focus will include:
- Underwriting / pricing new and renewal policies.
- Coordinating policy services.
- Liaising with outside vendors, providing insurance & agency services, program management and marketing support.
- Pursuing e new account opportunities throughout assigned territory.
- Contributing to the development of broker and agency management strategies and leading the development and execution of relationship management plans.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS…
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of commercial lines underwriting experience (Property, GL, Auto)
- Experience working with agents/brokers and strong understanding of facultative reinsurance placements
- Advanced knowledge of P & C commercial lines products (Property, General Liability and Auto), coverage forms, rating plans, complex risk evaluation, agency operations and program management
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Collaborative mindset
- Outstanding communication skills
- CPCU or other industry designations, preferred
- Agents License, preferred.
- Understanding of public and affordable housing operations a plus
WHAT THEY OFFER THEIR EMPLOYEES…
- Competitive salary + lucrative bonus structure
- Annual merit program, profit sharing
- Health insurance (dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability)
- Strong 401(k) program
- Flexible work schedule
- Wellness programs + full gym, outdoor basketball & tennis courts, picnic pavilion.
- Tuition reimbursement & loan repayment
- And too much more to list here!...
WE’RE SCHEDULING INTERVIEWS NOW!
Click ‘APPLY NOW’ or email your resume to [email protected]