|Job Id: 15290|
|Job Type: Permanent|
|Industry: Solar Energy|
|Location: Sacramento, CA 95815|
Our client is one of the nation’s fastest growing construction solar companies with over 1000 Megawatts of commercial installations. Specialized in driven-pile foundations, electrical and mechanical installations, and construction management of large-scale and DG solar farms. Their mission is to provide their customers and strategic partners with a seamless experience, outstanding service and competitive pricing for their projects.
They are experiencing steady financial growth and will quadruple their revenue this year.
The Project Superintendent is responsible for overseeing commercial PV System installations from start to completion. They will manage specialized installation team leaders through the different phases of each assigned project. Responsibilities will include:
- Attends Pre-Construction site walks with Project Manager (PM).
- Understands and enforces all company safety policies, standard operating procedures, and protocols.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is installed in a professional and workman-like manner that meets company’s standards.
- Communicates to the Project Manager with updates on project timeline, labor updates, and requests for equipment rentals as needed to successfully establish all phases of the projects.
- Attends all required inspection through the phases of the project.
- Understands the electrical and building codes and able to accurately answer any questions that the inspector asks.
- Oversees the construction plan sets and checks for accuracy.
- Responsible for interpreting and describing in details the directions of the projects phase to the specialized team leads.
- Coordinates sub-contractors to stay on schedule and under budget.
- Plans each task thoroughly, accurately, and timely.
- Aids and provides the proper information and documentations to better assist the team leads in accomplishing their task with accuracy.
- Responsible for modifying the commission sheet to match the project design; provides the commission sheet to the DC and the AC teams.
- Ensures that all tools & equipment used by everyone onsite are used properly and that employees are trained to use specific tools; coordinates site tool inventory checks.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1+ years of Electrical Commercial experience at a Journeyman level
- 1 year of leadership experience in Commercial Solar Industry
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize projects and competing demands
- Approachable and respectful leadership abilities
- Detail oriented with exceptional organization skills
- Must be punctual and have a reliable means of transportation
- Ability to work in extreme environment (weather changes)
- Must be able to carry 50LB
- Must be able to climb ladders, stairs
- Microsoft Word, Excel proficient
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, clean background
- First Aid and CPR Certified
- Forklift Certified
- Minimum experience in leading large commercial installations
- Able to identify different colorings of the electrical wires
- California State Certified – Commercial Journeyman Electrician
- Thorough knowledge of NEC
- Math ability in relation to electrical calculations (NEC: de-rates, wire sizing, conduit/box fill, etc…)
- Knowledge of current NEC codes
- OSHA 30
- CPR/FA certified
- NABCEP certified