Medical Coder / Certified Professional Coder / CPC
|Job Id: 18942|
|Job Type: Temp|
|Industry: Health Care Services|
|Worksite Location: Headquarters|
|Location: Waterbury, CT 06708|
A premier healthcare organization within the Greater Waterbury area is looking for a Medical Coder / Certified Public Coder (CPC) to join their growing network!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MEDICAL CODER / CERTIFIED PUBLIC CODER:
- Codes and enters Office and Hospital E&M, Non-Interventional and Interventional procedures, and professional services performed.
- Reviews and corrects billing records with inconsistent information and/or containing discrepancies. Informs physicians and staff of corrections made.
- Works with practice EMR Athena as well as third party software in managing hospital services
- Reviews coding denials/edits and appeals/corrects billed charges.
- Prepares reports/data as requested for productivity, audits, or as requested for practice, hospital or parent company.
- Reviews medical records to validate that the appropriate codes were captured and documented in medical records.
- Works closely with direct manager and billing team to meet the operational needs of the organization.
Certified Public Coders (CPCs) ENJOY:
- A friendly / supportive team environment
- Competitive Compensation
- Career advancment opportunities
- High school diploma
- Must have coding certification, CPC; certification must be current
- Prior Experience in physician billing including ICD-10, CPT medical billing, and EMR charting.
If you're interested in being considered a candidate for the Medical Coder / Certified Public Coder (CPC) and learning more please contact Ben Eberly at [email protected] / 203-439-7787