Large Account Underwriter - PA
|Job Id: 21460|
|Job Type: Permanent|
|Worksite Location: Remote|
|Location: Pittsburgh, PA 15219|
Join a growing provider of workers' compensation, casualty insurance, and TPA & Risk Services.
- Fortune 500 company
- Rated AM Best A+ (Superior) XV / S&P Global A+ /Moody's A2
- Amazing company values
They’re seeking an experienced and dynamic Large Account Underwriter for their Texas region accounts.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As the Large Account Underwriter, you’ll underwrite new and renewal business which includes solicitation, selection, and pricing of complex multiline risks (workers compensation, commercial auto, general liability).
The Underwriter will also:
- Actively and creatively pursue large new account opportunities throughout their assigned territory through your network of national and large regional brokers and agents.
- Maintain and develop prospects to have a strong base of future opportunities to build your large account book.
- Contribute to the development of broker and agency management strategies and lead the development and execution of relationship management plans.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of casualty underwriting with an insurance carrier
- Knowledge of casualty coverage and loss sensitive deal structures (retrospective rating, large deductible, prefund deductible). Additional knowledge in financial analysis, account management and collateral management is preferred
- Knowledge of local and regional market conditions as well as industry trends
- Knowledge of underwriting territory and strong relationships with the local distribution network (local and regional agents, national and regional brokers, and select consultants)
- Demonstrated proficiency in the successful marketing and prospecting of business opportunities, as well as relationship building and agency management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced skills in marketing, analysis, decision making/problem solving, planning and organizing; sales and negotiation and mathematical proficiency
- MBA, CPCU; Associate in Risk Management designation, or other professional designations are desired
WHAT THEY OFFER THEIR EMPLOYEES:
- Competitive salary.
- Health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD
- Stable environment
SCHEDULING INTERVIEWS NOW!
Click ‘APPLY NOW’ or email your resume to [email protected]