Insurance Underwriting Manager
|Job Id: 21546|
|Job Type: Permanent|
|Worksite Location: Headquarters|
|Location: New Haven County, CT .|
This is an in-office position (not remote)
Join a thriving member-owned property & casualty insurance provider that truly cares about their communities, customers, and employees. They are nationally respected and recognized for offering the best tailored products for the niche they serve.
WHY SHOULD I WORK HERE?...
- Voted a “TOP WORKPLACE”
- A+ Rated
- Welcoming teamwork vibe
- Fantastic employee incentives/benefits (ask us what they are!)
They’re seeking an innovative and creative UNDERWRITING MANAGER to join their team at their New Haven County headquarters.
ABOUT THE POSITION…
As their Underwriting Manager, you’ll play a dual role by leading a team of Underwriters as well as underwriting large and/or complex accounts.
Your focus will include:
- Assisting in underwriting and pricing decisions on new and renewal business.
- Leading junior underwriters to achieve individual and departmental goals.
- Contributing to the development of junior underwriters and other team members while assisting in implementing short and long-term business strategies.
- Responsible for underwriting operations and results within the area assigned as well as the daily activity of assigned underwriting staff.
- Developing reports and analysis of data, establishment and maintenance of underwriting/pricing guidelines and departmental budgets.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS…
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of related experience in commercial lines underwriting
- High-level knowledge of commercial lines P&C products (general liability, property, and auto insurance)
- Facultative reinsurance experience
- Experience working with agents and brokers
- 3+ years of underwriting management experience is a plus
- CPCU designation is a plus
- Public/Affordable housing operations knowledge/experience is a plus.
WHAT THEY OFFER THEIR EMPLOYEES…
- Competitive salary + lucrative bonus structure
- Annual merit program, profit sharing
- Health insurance (dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability)
- Strong 401(k) program
- Flexible work schedule
- Wellness programs + full gym, outdoor basketball & tennis courts, picnic pavilion.
- Tuition reimbursement & loan repayment
- And too much more to list here!...
WE’RE SCHEDULING INTERVIEWS NOW!
Click ‘APPLY NOW’ or email your resume to [email protected]