High Voltage Testing Engineer
|Job Id: 15554|
|Job Type: Permanent|
|Industry: Solar Energy|
|Location: Los Gatos, CA 95032|
Our client company is a solar equipment manufacturer with operations in the USA, across Europe, Japan, China, Australia and the Middle East. Their products are sold across all 7 continents and they have 50 well-established OEM relationships with top solar equipment distributors.
Top leaders in the solar industry have endorsed their next generation product as being “revolutionary”. Their integrated tool increases energy production, simplifies design and installation and ensures the highest up-time for solar generated power.
They are well capitalized, are experiencing fast financial growth and are positioned to take the market by storm.
Our customer base spans a wide range of module manufacturers (solar panels, inverters etc.) and project developers. Our business depends on strong business partnerships and high level of partner satisfaction.
As a High Voltage Electrical Test Engineer, you will help qualify and test our Optimizers for our customers. You will work with design engineers to make sure that the final products the customers receive will be robust and easy to use by running hardware/software tests at both the unit and PV system level.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Execute test plans for new products at the unit and system level, including regression tests and new feature tests.
- Record and document test results, compare to expected outcomes, and make appropriate recommendations to engineering teams.
- Communicate with engineers to identify and understand new products and features. Create and document test cases base on new features.
- Be a customer advocate and create tests based on probable use cases.
- Continuously learn through others, self-educate, and share specialized knowledge
- Hands-on testing and troubleshooting experience
- Possess intellectual curiosity and desire to experiment
- Detail-oriented with good written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving skills and multi-tasking ability
- Thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Team player and ability to get along with others
- Basic understanding of PV systems installation, design, or servicing experience
Possess a certificate of completion of a recognized apprenticeship, accredited trade school, or the equivalent amount of experience and training for High Voltage Electrician.
Experience and proficiency in working with High Voltage electricity.
1+ year’s previous experience of product verification and stress testing
Experience with lab equipment such as power meters, DC power supply, and load testers