EPC Project Manager
|Job Id: 15287|
|Job Type: Permanent|
|Industry: Solar Energy|
|Location: Sacramento, CA 95815|
EPC Project Manager
Our client is one of the nation’s fastest growing construction solar companies with over 1000 Megawatts of commercial installations. Specialized in driven-pile foundations, electrical and mechanical installations, and construction management of large-scale and DG solar farms. Their mission is to provide their customers and strategic partners with a seamless experience, outstanding service and competitive pricing for their projects.
They are experiencing steady financial growth and will quadruple their revenue this year.
The Project Manager will manage large scale commercial solar projects (20 MW and larger) from early stage through construction. This position will require a blend of construction management and project development experience. There are many moving pieces to develop and build a large scale solar project and ability to prioritize, multi-task, and ability to community are paramount.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct due diligence on potential solar sites.
- Evaluate the suitability of identified sites through site visits, due diligence review, analysis of various reports (i.e. environmental, geo-tech, etc.).
- Arrange and manage sub-contractors and consultants on an as needed basis.
- Assist in compiling and creating permitting documents with many permitting authorities.
- Facilitate the study of interconnection and transmission opportunities in different utility territories.
- Manage construction and utility milestones.
- Work closely with permitting jurisdictions, utilities, and EPC contractor to meet company goals.
- Be able to create and maintain reports to the executive team.
- Keep projects on budget.
- Complete other typical tasks that enable to move projects forward.
- Bachelor’s degree; a relevant advanced degree preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of land use permitting, zoning, and construction as it relates to solar.
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision, but who is not afraid to ask questions in order to most efficiently use time.
- Excellent communication, contractor relation skills, and public relation skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to enhance the company’s reputation through interpersonal interactions.
- NABCEP Certification a plus.
- Experience in the solar PV industry is greatly preferred.
- Strong computer skills in all basic programs, Microsoft Office Suite is preferred. Project management software knowledge a plus. AutoCAD knowledge a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive to sites and permitting authorities.
- Prefer Associate college degree
- Experience developing solar, renewable energy projects of similar magnitude is preferred but not required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in construction project management.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive to sites.