Chief Financial Officer
|Job Id: 15283|
|Job Type: Permanent|
|Industry: Solar Energy|
|Location: Sacramento, CA 95815|
Chief Financial Officer
Our client is one of the nation’s fastest growing construction solar companies with over 1000 Megawatts of commercial installations. Specialized in driven-pile foundations, electrical and mechanical installations, and construction management of large-scale and DG solar farms. Their mission is to provide their customers and strategic partners with a seamless experience, outstanding service and competitive pricing for their projects.
They are experiencing steady financial growth and will quadruple their revenue this year.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for leading and overseeing all financial processes necessary to continue growth and profitability for the company.
The ideal CFO candidate will be a mature leader with at least 10-15 years of wide-ranging finance experience, a proactive and strategic leader who thrives on the challenges of a rapidly growing business, and can build and manage a high performance team. This person will have a mix of public and private company experience, proven experience in driving corporate and project finance execution, and proficiency in creative finance structuring.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads all capital raising efforts to maximize value of solar assets including development, construction, and tax equity financing as well as all other financing needs.
- Implements creative debt and equity financing vehicles for a new market segment.
- Oversees all aspects of financial planning and analysis to monitor progress and present financial metrics both internally and externally.
- Manages cash flow and forecasting. Develops a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Evaluates and advises on the financial implications of long-range planning and immediate business activities.
- Directs all aspects of finance, accounting, treasury, internal audit functions and compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws.
- Oversee Controller in the development of a comprehensive financial reporting system by utilizing information technology to procure ERP systems that meet the tracking, forecasting, and process implementation needs of the business.
- Mentors and develops the finance and accounting teams by managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and building effective team dynamics.
SPECIFIC REQUIRMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven track record of managing and closing a high volume of transactions
- 10+ years of financial experience with increasing levels of leadership and responsibility.
- Solar, Construction or Civil Engineer industry experience preferred.
- Proven track record developing capital formation strategies for businesses in capital-intensive industries.
- Demonstrated excellence in financial planning and reporting, budget preparation, fiscal monitoring, control and administration of multi-million dollar budgets with multiple funding sources
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate them effectively to audiences through oral/written skills
- Ability to foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships
- Experience working with legal counsel, investment advisors, and board members
- Comfortable with solving complex problems and eliminating barriers to success.
- Ability to handle confidential information with excellent judgment and discretion.
- Experience in managing several projects and adjusting to frequently changing demands
- Demonstrated flexibility and collaboration with colleagues
- Professional demeanor that exhibits maturity, diplomacy, and excellent interpersonal skills
- A hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
- Ability to think and act strategically -- planning for the long-term while balancing short-term needs of the organization
- Experience taking a company public preferred, but not necessary.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business Administration, MBA preferred