CAD Designer (Medical Device)
|Job Id: 21623|
|Job Type: Permanent|
|Industry: MEDICAL DEVICES|
|Worksite Location: Headquarters|
|Location: Lowell, MA 01850|
Join an industry-leading Medical Device manufacturer that specializes state-of-the-art product design, development, and manufacturing capabilities.
- STATE-OF-THE ART FACILITIES.
- COMMIITED, TALENTED EMPLOYEES.
- TOP-NOTCH LEADERSHIP.
This position in primarily responsible for aiding both Engineering and Production teams with CAD design and development support. The CAD Designer will be responsible for the development and approval of drawings with accordance to GD&T standards. With a focus on the design of 2D and 3D models and prototypes the CAD Designer will produce detailed drawings, assist in quotations, proposal submissions, and documentation for product compliance.
- The Designer will support both Engineering and Production teams with varying degrees of direct project responsibilities while developing a baseline knowledge of sputtering and photolithography processes.
- Design or redesign complex layouts and drawings from general written or verbal specifications from Manufacturing Engineer(s).
- Produce fully toleranced (GD&T) CAD drawings for new or improved products using industry, departmental and discipline standards.
- Work with other teams to obtain reference information for drawings.
- Work with project team to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Review design layouts to find and resolve problems involving compatibility with basic design concepts.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing team to investigate and resolve problems with existing designs.
- Participate in engineering and manufacturing design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations.
THE RIGHT PERSON HAS:
- Minimum 2-year degree in related field (preferred)
- Bachelor's or Certifications (preferred)
- Experience modeling mechanical and/or electrical systems (preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience utilizing CAD software such as AutoCad and SolidWorks
- 2 +years working in a professional environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- An abundance of patience to see a complicated project to the end
- Ability to work within a multi-discipline team as an individual contributor in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to work autonomously without supervision required
- Comfortable with sitting for long periods of time
You’ll receive a competitive salary + benefits package + great work environment.
WE’RE INTERVIEWING NOW!