Assistant Project Manager
|Job Id: 15286|
|Job Type: Permanent|
|Industry: Solar Energy|
|Location: Sacramento, CA 95815|
Assistant Project Manager
Our client is one of the nation’s fastest growing construction solar companies with over 1000 Megawatts of commercial installations. Specialized in driven-pile foundations, electrical and mechanical installations, and construction management of large-scale and DG solar farms. Their mission is to provide their customers and strategic partners with a seamless experience, outstanding service and competitive pricing for their projects.
They are experiencing steady financial growth and will quadruple their revenue this year.
The Assistant Project Manager will assist Project Manager and Superintendent with the management of large scale commercial solar projects (100Mw and larger) from early stage through construction. There are many moving pieces to develop and build a large scale solar project and ability to prioritize, multi-task, and ability to community are paramount.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare project documents, submittals, and RFI’s.
- Prepare project schedules with assistance from Project Manager and Superintendent and maintain on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Assist in the management of the punch-list process.
- Coordinate preliminary communications with the client regarding project schedule, details, site safety & access requirements
- Ensure required bonds and insurance certificates are secured
- Coordinate subcontractor bids, aid in pricing alternates, and initiate value-engineering alternatives.
- Review shop drawings, samples, catalog data in accordance with plans and specifications, scope, installation procedures, site considerations, and in regards to coordination with other trades.
- Prepare, expedite and monitor logs for tracking shop drawings, contract documents, submittals, request for information, change orders and other as determined necessary for a successful project.
- Monitor job progress with Project Manager and Superintendent for schedule updating.
- Maintain and review status of all project-related correspondence (i.e. field reports and RFI responses).
- Obtain all closeout materials from subcontractors and suppliers including guarantees and warranties, as-builts, Operations and Maintenance Manuals, and coordinate Owner Training of Equipment.
- Assist with preparing the job start-up and closeout checklists.
- In coordination with the Project Manager, generate all project meetings minutes.
- Possess working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, and contract with Owner, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and all other project related documents, and maintain a complete and accurate set of as-builts.
- Conduct due diligence on potential solar sites.
- Evaluate the suitability of identified sites through site visits, due diligence review, analysis of various reports (i.e. environmental, geo-tech, etc.).
- Arrange and manage sub-contractors and consultants on an as needed basis.
- Assist in compiling and creating permitting documents with many permitting authorities.
- Facilitate the study of interconnection and transmission opportunities in different utility territories.
- Be able to create and maintain reports to the executive team.
- Complete other typical tasks that enable to move projects forward.
- Bachelor’s degree; a relevant advanced degree preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of land use permitting, zoning, and construction as it relates to solar.
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision, but who is not afraid to ask questions in order to most efficiently use time.
- Excellent communication, contractor relation skills, and public relation skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to enhance the company’s reputation through interpersonal interactions.
- NABCEP Certification a plus.
- Experience in the solar PV industry is greatly preferred.
- Strong computer skills in all basic programs, Microsoft Office Suite is preferred. Project management software knowledge a plus. AutoCAD knowledge a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive to sites and permitting authorities.
- Prefer Associate college degree
- Experience developing solar, renewable energy projects of similar magnitude is preferred but not required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in construction project management.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive to sites.